*insert video of project working for 30 seconds* For this project I was inspired by the movie Spirited Away. I really enjoy Ghibli films, and when the project was presented, I thought the cam motion was very impressive, so I wanted to combine these interests into one project. (I also thought it would be good to have an idea from the start of the project, rather than take a week to figure it out haha) The idea behind this project was to take the wave motion created by cams and use it to make it look like a dragon - in this case, Haku from Spirited Away - look like it is flying. During this project, I learned about gear ratios by designing my own gears to slow the motion of the motor down. I also laser cut cams out of balsa wood, made a wooden box for the base, and cut into the box with a drill and a saw. My handmade and homemade object was a sewn dragon made to look like Haku, although he was missing his horns. The biggest difficulty in making this automata was getting the cams to ...
Project 1: Digital Surrealist Object Project 1 Document Requirements: Start from a found object Create a 3D printed extension of the object Purpose of the object must be transformed Still unsure about what object to use... thinking of going to the thrift store to find an object and inspiration. Activity: Project 1 Activity Sketches
Project 3: Emotive Object Project 3 Document Requirements At least one sensor At least one motor/servo At least one behavior Express an emotion somehow Initial thoughts: I nspiration: Inflatable tube guy to express joy with a proximity sensor --> did not want to include a fan, so will make waving cardboard arms to emulate that Programming practice: turning on a light with the raspberry pi pico Code: from machine import Pin import time led = Pin(17, Pin.OUT) while True: led.toggle() #can also use led.value(1) for on, 0 for off time.sleep(1) #in seconds
Comments
Post a Comment